Stage 4 keep getting mucus building up, won’t come out, taken prednisone and antibiotics not working, can’t sleep!
Sometimes I have to sleep in a recliner. This usually means taking several naps throughout the day.
Water is a must to thin the mucus so it can be coughed up. Water throughout the day
Controlled coughing exercises.
One thing I will do is lay down on my right side for 15-20 minutes and perform some gentle coughing then roll on my left side and do the same. I have found that will move the mucus around and allow me to cough it up and actually relieve some of the pressure/pain in my chest.
There are many youtube videos that can help you learn to cough without hurting yourself,
Let your doctor know how you are progressing, he might have some suggestions.
Most of all try to be patient, your body is working very hard to try and heal.
I’m along side you-spiritually, praying for your comfort and help be sent your way.
Try mullein leaf for mucus. I use the liquid. Good stuff without chemicals.
There is a mullein tea also.
How can you manage stubborn mucus buildup in stage 4 COPD when prednisone and antibiotics aren't helping?
Dealing with mucus that won't clear can be incredibly frustrating, especially when it's affecting your sleep. Here are some approaches that might help:
Medications to discuss with your doctor
- Guaifenesin (an Show Full Answer
Very informative. Thanks, @A MyCOPDTeam Member