Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Naughton, Ontario

When I am having what I call an "episode", which doesn't happen very often, I start to cry. I have no idea why. It just happens. I am not sad and it doesn't seem to be tied to my emotions. Of course this causes my throat and chest muscles to spasm, which means it takes longer to recuperate. I try to remain calm, take my puffer, sit, and do my pursed lip breathing. For about an hour after, I have to fight to keep from crying. Really strange.

May 5, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

oh thank you. I could be going along being pleasant and something sets me off and beware...... Poor telemarketer or retailer or something like that. After I settle down I realize how terrible I was but couldn't stop it. Do others have that problem? I never did that in the past. Is it the medication?

May 11, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Is your 02 level down

May 7, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have those bitch episodes from time to time . It's frustrating.

May 7, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Oh,,,mu gosh,,,I get so mean,,,like a Jekle and Mr. Hyde,,(may have misspelled names) I become a raving bitch.....

May 6, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have this same problem. Especially if someone is trying to talk to me when I am having a SOB episode. Then I actually go into a panic attach and can't breath at all. Very Scary.

May 6, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Brunswick, Canada

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fayetteville, AR