Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sarasota, FL
February 16
 · 
Reactions
10 Signs and Symptoms of COPD Read Article...
A MyCOPDTeam Member

BarbHarness I believe you might have miss spelled the "Trilogy" as it is a breathing machine not a medication.
Trelegy Is a maintenance inhaler like Spiriva. But the answer is every medication works differently on different people. It is which one works best for you and your condition. They both help relax and open airways. They both have different side effects.

My pulmonologist recommends and believes that Trelegy is the best one out there. But also the most expensive. I am on it for 8 years now. My pharmacist tell me it is the most prescribed by all the pulmonologist in my area.
Hope that helps answer your question. [If I am right about the misspelling.]
Breathe Ez......

February 17
MyCOPDTeam

Which is better for COPD: Trilogy or Spiriva?

Trilogy and Spiriva serve completely different purposes for managing COPD, so they're not directly comparable as "better or worse."

Spiriva is a daily maintenance inhaler (a LAMA bronchodilator) that helps keep your airways open by relaxing the muscles around them. You use it Show Full Answer

Which is better for COPD: Trilogy or Spiriva?

Trilogy and Spiriva serve completely different purposes for managing COPD, so they're not directly comparable as "better or worse."

Spiriva is a daily maintenance inhaler (a LAMA bronchodilator) that helps keep your airways open by relaxing the muscles around them. You use it every day to prevent symptoms.

Trilogy is a breathing machine (ventilator) used primarily at night to help support your breathing while you sleep. It's typically prescribed for people with more advanced COPD who need extra breathing support.

Many people actually use both - Spiriva during the day for airway management, and Trilogy at night for breathing support. Your doctor will determine which treatment or combination is right based on your specific COPD severity and symptoms.

Does Trilogy open airways?

Trilogy doesn't directly open airways like an inhaler does. Instead, it provides positive pressure to help move air in and out of your lungs more effectively. This mechanical support can help reduce the work of breathing, especially during sleep when breathing naturally becomes more shallow.

Some MyCOPDTeam members using Trilogy report needing time to readjust to breathing without it in the morning, experiencing temporary shortness of breath after removing the machine.

February 16
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I tried the Trelegy a few years ago for allergies. Stopped using it because I kept getting a very bad case of thrush. I haven't tried the other one.

February 19
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you. Is it a inhaler?

February 17
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member and I took Spireva a few years ago but did not feel it helped me. I also took Advair which seemed to work better for me but I discontinued it when I started taking Mullein, Vit C, etc and thankfully doing ok. Hope you had a good day, my friend!! 😀 John & Staley🐕‍🦺

February 17

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wilmington, NC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, UK