Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Luverne, MN
February 17
 · 
Be the first to react
MyCOPDTeam

Are you wondering if CBD products might help with your COPD symptoms?

Yes, some MyCOPDTeam members have tried CBD products for their COPD. One member shared, "I have been using CBD for about 18 months. I personally have noticed that my chest does not feel tight any longer, and it also helps with mucus and inflammation." Show Full Answer

Are you wondering if CBD products might help with your COPD symptoms?

Yes, some MyCOPDTeam members have tried CBD products for their COPD. One member shared, "I have been using CBD for about 18 months. I personally have noticed that my chest does not feel tight any longer, and it also helps with mucus and inflammation." Another member said, "I recently tried cannabis oil, and I was very impressed with it."

However, it's important to know that research on CBD for COPD is still limited and results aren't conclusive yet. While CBD has anti-inflammatory properties that could theoretically help, there isn't enough evidence to say for certain whether it helps with COPD symptoms.

Potential benefits being studied:
- May ease the feeling of breathlessness or "air hunger"
- Could potentially reduce inflammation

Important risks to consider:
- May cause drowsiness, reduced appetite, stomach problems, or mood changes
- Possible liver damage, especially with high doses
- Could interact with other medications you're taking
- One small study suggested CBD might actually cause lung inflammation rather than reduce it

Before trying CBD, talk to your healthcare provider. They can help you understand if it's safe for you, ensure it won't interfere with your current medications, and advise on proper dosage and form if you decide to try it.

February 17

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Johannesburg, ZA