Rehabilitation has helped me enormously. I can't recommend enough.
February 28
Has anyone here completed the 5 to 6 week inpatient rehab program at Westpark Health in Toronto?
While there aren't specific experiences shared about Westpark Health in Toronto, many MyCOPDTeam members have found pulmonary rehabilitation programs incredibly helpful for managing COPD.
Pulmonary rehab programs typically Show Full Answer
Has anyone here completed the 5 to 6 week inpatient rehab program at Westpark Health in Toronto?
While there aren't specific experiences shared about Westpark Health in Toronto, many MyCOPDTeam members have found pulmonary rehabilitation programs incredibly helpful for managing COPD.
Pulmonary rehab programs typically last 6 to 12 weeks and include:
- Exercise training and breathing techniques
- Education about medications and oxygen therapy
- Nutrition counseling
- Tips for managing daily life with COPD
- Emotional and psychological support
One MyCOPDTeam member shared: "I go to Pulmonary Rehab 3 times a week been going for 11 years. If I Did not go to Rehab all these 11 years I would not be here today. It has helped me a lot."
Another member noted: "The amount of information, exercise, and guidance on diet and medication issues makes it a great resource. This is what these people do, and they gear everything to fit you."
If you're considering this program, it's worth asking your healthcare team about what to expect and how it might benefit your specific situation. Many members recommend giving rehab at least a couple of sessions before deciding if it's right for you.
February 28