Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

My doctor says I’ll always will need it at least 5 mg. I’m on 10 now weening down to 5mg slowly. Here’s his advice
Two weeks - rotate 10 mg one day then 7.5mg
Then two weeks at 7.5 everyday
Then two weeks rotate 7.5 one day and 5mg
Then hopefully after that I’ll b on 5 mg for good.
I’d like to hear others prednisone experiences.

March 13
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Please be sure that you're taking something to protect your stomach against ulcers. That happened to me. I'm no longer on prednisone. I ended up in the hospital for a few days to fix the ulcer. So be careful.

March 13 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hello Stephen
I have the liquid and I put a dropper full in my tea in the morning. I’ve only been doing it for a week. So I think I need to give it more time. There r a lot that say it works good for them. I’m going to keep trying it.

March 14
A MyCOPDTeam Member

How are you guys taking this Mullen stuff tell me more please. Thank you

March 14
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks Nancy r u oxygen also? I hope I will b able to get off prednisone all together too. I seem to do ok w my Breztri and nebulizer as needed. I just started w mullein I put it in my tea every morning. Only been a couple days so hope it helps.

March 13
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm stage 4, as I see it, not the normal stage 4. I was on a low dose but if I had a cold the dose was increased. I have suffered most of the side effects and no longer take it. I'm breathing the same, bruises have disappeared, I'm losing weight that I gained. I had an enlarged liver causing pain. This seems to have subsided. One of our fellow members suggested a supplement, Fisetin. If anyii ok be has any information concerning this please post it. I'm also taking mullein,

March 13

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Doylestown, PA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wellingborough, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In