I've had 3 different ones and thrown them away because they all read 3 points or so higher when I cross checked them with the professional ones. My pulmanologist wants me to monitor my o2 but it really doesn't make sense to if my unit is that inaccurate 🤩
Bought the Equate brand at Walmart over 4 years ago and changed the batteries once. Always bring it with me to Dr's appointments and it is right on with theirs. Cold fingers, hand creams, movement can all give incorrect readings as Michael said.
I havegood one by OxyWatch from Walgreens! $49.99. It's as accurate as the Drs.
I brought it to an appt just to check it out. Its spot on.
I have around 10 different Oximeters and the two below are my favorites.
These will monitor your o2.
Wellue Bluetooth Pulse Oximeter
https://tinyl.co/4RfY
Vibeat Bluetooth Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
https://tinyl.co/4RfZ
I asked a nurse why my reading always shows a good iso while I’m struggling to breathe. She said that it measures the oxygen level in your blood, not in your lungs.
Are you sure you're not having issues with cold fingers or poor circulation. That is the most common issue even for the doctors office. Mine is the same as my pulmonologist office uses.
I bought mine from the drug store and don't buy the cheapies online from Amazon. You get what you pay for.
The ones a your local pharmacy will be medical grade, and be within 3 points of accuracy. Keep in mind different fingers and hands will register different numbers and you body take and exchanges O2 for CO2 at different levels as needed.