Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 2
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded to a question about whether Trelegy can cause pneumonia, with the majority sharing that they have been on the medication for... Read more

Members responded to a question about whether Trelegy can cause pneumonia, with the majority sharing that they have been on the medication for months to several years without developing pneumonia, though one member did report being hospitalized with pneumonia and taken off Trelegy. A common tip shared was to rinse your mouth with water after each use to prevent thrush, with one member adding that brushing teeth immediately after taking the inhaler has worked well. Several members also encouraged trusting your pulmonologist, asking questions at appointments, and staying up to date on pneumonia vaccines as a helpful precaution.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I've been on it for a month and a half. I've never been concerned about pneumonia.

April 3
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm waiting to get back on Trelegy as it worked for me before and I never had any problems with it at all. Glad you are going to try it

April 2
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hello Angel!
I've been on Trelegy for several years. I've yet to be Pneumonia from Trelegy. Just be sure, to do the water swish and sink disposal to keep from getting Thrush.

April 2
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I to use trelegy and never had any problems. I take mine once a day

April 2
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, The 200 is twice as strong as the 100. I ask my pulmonist about going to the 100 and she looked at me and said no. Assume they know what's best for you.

April 22

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nicholasville, KY