Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 14
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared mixed experiences with Breztri and blood pressure changes, with some noticing temporary spikes in blood pressure and heart rate... Read more

Members shared mixed experiences with Breztri and blood pressure changes, with some noticing temporary spikes in blood pressure and heart rate immediately after using the inhaler, while others reported no issues even after years of use. Several members mentioned that Breztri contains steroids which can affect blood sugar levels, prompting some to switch to alternatives like Combivent or Dulera, though breathing control sometimes suffered with the change. A recurring theme was the importance of monitoring vitals regularly, communicating openly with pulmonologists about side effects, and understanding that everyone responds differently to COPD medications.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

It. Spike sugar because it has steroids in it

April 14
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I’m on Breztri but my blood pressure hasn’t changed. I’ve been on it for over 5 years two puffs every 12 hours Morning and night
But talk w ur pulmonologist everyone isdifferent. I don’t have any heart problems I get an echocardiogram every year along w a cat scan too. Hope u get it checked.

April 14
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use breztri and combivent.
Immediately after taking breztri my blood pressure and pulse rate increase for a brief period of time.
If someone took a blood pressure reading after I used the inhaler they would think I have high blood pressure.
My blood pressure is fairly normal for a 70 year old

April 22
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm not really sure. Every 3 weeks I go in for my Nplate shot (low platelets) my pressure is higher than normal. It could be from the 3 different ones I use before going in. Breztri, Duoneb and Ohtuvayre. I'm currently using Dulera instead of Breztri, but my breathing is not as good. Will probably go back to the Breztri. My blood pressure goes back to pretty much normal after awhile after using my meds. @A MyCOPDTeam Member

April 14
MyCOPDTeam

Are you experiencing rising blood pressure while using your Breztri inhaler?

Breztri is a combination inhaler containing budesonide (a steroid), glycopyrrolate (an anticholinergic), and formoterol (a long-acting beta agonist). While blood pressure changes aren't the most common side effect, some people do experience Show Full Answer

Are you experiencing rising blood pressure while using your Breztri inhaler?

Breztri is a combination inhaler containing budesonide (a steroid), glycopyrrolate (an anticholinergic), and formoterol (a long-acting beta agonist). While blood pressure changes aren't the most common side effect, some people do experience cardiovascular effects from COPD medications.

It's important to discuss this with your doctor, especially since high blood pressure can be serious. They may want to:

* Check if the blood pressure rise is related to your inhaler
* Review your other medications
* Adjust your COPD treatment if needed
* Rule out other causes

Some MyCOPDTeam members have mentioned experiencing high blood pressure alongside their COPD, and doctors sometimes need to evaluate both heart and lung health together.

Don't stop using your inhaler without talking to your healthcare provider first, as suddenly stopping can worsen your breathing. Keep track of when your blood pressure rises and any patterns you notice to share with your doctor.

April 14

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manteca, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Olmsted, OH