I use an app to remind me to don't forget about your medicine to take . Like I take one medicine everyday at a certain time and if I don't record it it then reminds me after 30 minutes until I click a button that says that I have took it . And what would or do use
Answer Summary
Members shared a variety of creative ways to remember their medications, from apps that send reminders until marked complete to handwritten... Read more
OK sorry to hear that. I myself go anywhere I can .if I can walk and drive I will make sure I do as much as I can whether It be walking or driving or going out to family members house or store or shopping or vacation or even going camping. I try to do as much as I possibly can before I leave this earth. I don't have a bucket list but do as what I can . I was up an 24 ft Ladder the other day trimming the palm 🌴 out here .was going to be painting the house but now have to wait for winter because it got a little bit to hot here
Late joining the poll, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. In my case, once I eat I need to take a nap, and I can’t take my meds without eating something to be sure it stays down. So, I make up 8 to 16 daily pkgs, make sure to put 2-3 in the car, and then put the rest in a drawer in the kitchen. I take all my meds at once, with a meal, when I’m ready to finally eat each day.
I’m currently down to 1-2 meals a day, with a goal of constant hydration (somewhere between 64 and 120 oz of water), so it’s manageable for me.
In my case, I refuse to feel like a patient by taking meds morning, noon and night, and I try and get them into me before 6pm, or I run the risk of being kept up all night by the stimulants in the Theo-dur.
Everybody does what works best for them. When I was trying to get my aunt to regularly and reliably take her meds, there was an alarmed dispenser in the kitchen, and it would stay locked until it was time for her to take her meds. She was on a great deal of pain meds and depression meds, so getting her what she needed timely and reliably without letting her take too many or like candy was critical for getting her regulated and able to have a regular schedule vs spending 23 hours a day in bed.
Sunday night, 26-APR-26
To answer your original question @A MyCOPDTeam Member, I have a pill box that has seven separate containers for each day. Each day has a spot for taking your meds morning, noon, evening and bedtime and I take each day out and put it by my computer which is centrally located in my apartment. When and if I go anywhere, I just take out as many of those days as I will need. Piece of cake! The main pill box sits out of the way on my kitchen counter so it's visible anytime I go in the kitchen. I don't have to worry about having a dead battery in my phone either, although I do try to keep that fully charged at all times.😊
That's great @A MyCOPDTeam Member . Mine even tells me that it is time to drink too.@wakleymac don't you hate ai ? First time I saw that was watching that show with Simon Cole as one of the judges. God I wish I new that name
I am like you Carl, I use my reminder app on the phone. It stays up as a notification till I take my meds and click complete. It keeps me for double dosing and seems to work well for me.