I find the tubing gets tangled or I just physically can’t do anything! How does one deal with this!? I have pulmonary fibrosis, Bronchiectasis, Aspergillosis (colonized) and Pseudomonas auregnosa (colonized). I will be 75 in August. I just had my 2nd bronchoscopy this year! Stage 4 COPD and Conjested Heart Failure. I am the person in my home who has done everything! I pay the bills, buy groceries, run errands etc. but my condition has worsened and I am terrified that I won’t make it through… read more
Have I got the solution for you for tangled hose! I posted a photo of this yesterday....it's called 'Reel Free', and it's a retractable hose reel. You can pull it out to as far as the hose will reach, and to retract it, there is a little remote on a lanyard...hold the button in and the reel will roll back up without kinking. I just got mine last Friday, and let me tell you: it's a game-changer! No kinking means I'm actually getting all the air my concentrator puts out. I'll try to post a link here: https://www.reelfree.co/buy/
@A MyCOPDTeam Member and @A MyCOPDTeam Member. Yes I have same issue with the tubing. I always loop it up about two foot of it and carry it when I go walking around the house. This way if it get stuck on something it pulls it out of my hand instead of yanking it off my ears. Everyone seems to find way to do it. Have a breath easy day
Thanks for all the good info, I will definitely look into this.. in my mind I already thought of some sort of device that would hold 25-50feet of tubing letting it feed out and retract but never looked anywhere for one. If anyone wants to friend me on FB please feel free to do so..
@nannykat. Do u go to Mayo in Jacksonville for ur pulmonologist? I c u live in Jacksonville. I live in Ormond Beach just north of Daytona Beach. I do have pulmonologist here but I also do go to Mayo. I am going for screening to do a clinical trial this Thursday I’m looking into the Targeted lung Denervation I added to my team. Add me if u wish. U a read more about me if ugo to my profile. Click on my picture. Hope u have a good day.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member,I have end stage COPD and oxygen 24 and 7 and I go very slowly when I remember to ,I'm getting better at it,but yes that dang tubing loves me so much that it's always trying to hug one or both of my legs and I guess that's when I remember to slow down and keep an 👀 on the tubing and perhaps I have to change it but yes go slow and try to keep an 👁️ eye on the tubing,good luck and God bless you, breathe easy my friend .