Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
May 12
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks Michael
This is good info for my pcp and pulmonary doc
I will be seeing them soon and appreciate your answer. ❤️

May 18
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks Dawn. I am not on oxygen yet. But exercise exercises really wear me out. My heart rate goes up and my spo2 goes down and I have to rest. I'm trying to get as much info as I can. I did learn some things from you. I appreciate it. Thank you Pat
I hope your day is going well !

May 18
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@Patricabennett. Just to add a bit of additional information. The POC only comes in the pulse delivery. Meaning it only delivers oxygen when u breath in. The home concentrators doa steady flow of oxygen. Some people don’t like the pulse. I have both and don’t mind my Ingeon 5 POC. I am on 3 liters 24/7. When I go out I use my mobile scooter so I don’t walk much out of the house. My Ingeon only goes up to 5 liters just for ur information. Not sure what level u r on. Hope find what ur looking for. I would not like to use tanks either. Good luck. Let us know what u decide. Have a nice Sunday.

May 17
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you for the info. ❤️

May 17
A MyCOPDTeam Member

How low does your O2 go? If it drops below 87%, you should talk with your doctor. You may be at the beginning stage of needing it. For exertion at the least. If not for walking also. Have you ever done the 6 minuet walk test for your pulmonologist?

Heart rate does go up naturally when exercising or doing something strenuous. Into the 110's-120's but should not go into the 130's or above. That is a sign of a heart problem. So go see your pulmonologist and discuss this with him/her. Should be able to help.

But yes, a concentrator or even a POC helps me when I am exercising or walking. Besides that I don't need oxygen during the day to walk about the house. I do wear it at night also on 2L. But increased to 3L for exercise and exertion. Just what I have learned from my experience. Others may have a different way.

May 18

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St. Paul, MN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Denver, CO