I’m using 600 blue and white ones but w recent flare up my mucus is think and hard to get out. I’m thinking I need stronger ones during flare ups.
AI, is spot on this time. So it basically your personal choice that decides. I personally use the 1200DM so I don't take as often. Although rarely use it anymore, only when I am severely bad. I control the excess mucus naturally most of the time.
I've heard the same thing if you don't drink enough fluids Mucinex is not effective
@dawnforster .it sounds like you are not drinking a lot of water . I had the same problem until I started to drink more and now I drink at least 120 oz of water everyday and for a while I was taking water pills and boy was I using the bathroom and finely got of of those dam water. Pills. Just because my ankles were a little fat . I tell I think sometimes these doctors are just liking giving more meds
I’m already on steroids and antibiotics for a week now. I’ll call doctor also.
Great question — thick, stubborn mucus during a flare-up is one of the most frustrating parts of COPD. Guaifenesin (Mucinex) works by thinning and loosening mucus to make it easier to cough out.
The 600mg is the standard dose, while the 1200mg is the extended-release version that works over 12 hours. Both contain the same Show Full Answer