You don't buy. AI, again has this one right.
My doctor told me never to use cough medications. You need to be able to cough to clear the mucus. Beside the side effect of the medication affects people with COPD, our breathing and our medications. He told me to take Mucinex. Or drink a small can of 100% pure pineapple juice.
I buy the Meijer brand of extra strength Mucinex for my wife and it's much less expensive. 42 pills for $27
SuzanneDay2, it would be best to ask your doctor on which would be best for your condition.
For me; I used the MucinexDM. Because I have both bronchitis and emphysema. So I also needed to calm my coughing down some. You may not need that.
But recently I have been using mullein tea to thin and lesson the mucus. It also seems to lesson my coughing and help clear my airways. But I use a small can of pineapple juice when I am having a bad coughing fit and that stops it quickly. That is what works for me, and don't need the expensive mucinex unless it gets really severe.
That's what I was thinking but there is so many . Which one?
What cough medicine is recommended for someone with COPD?
For managing mucus and coughing with COPD, guaifenesin (an expectorant) is commonly recommended. It helps thin out mucus, making it easier to cough up and clear from your airways.
You can find guaifenesin in products like Mucinex or store-brand versions. Look for Show Full Answer