Answer Summary
Many community members shared that they experience anxiety and panic when leaving home, especially for doctor's appointments, with common... Read more
@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I go through this every time I leave my house, it doesn't matter where I'm going. its the fact that I'm leaving the safety of my home. To get pass it I just try to think positive in the moment, focus at the task at hand, for me ,baby steps if you will. I take my portable concentrator and a tank which holds 2 hours of oxygen and my rescue inhaler. I hope you get better just know you're not alone, we all go through at one time or another.
My question is why does everyone worry about silly things like going out after all you cannot control what a doctor or anyone for what they say or don't say and do .the only person who you can control is yourself. Sorry @A MyCOPDTeam Member about your wife but it kinda sounds like something must have happened to her in the past for her to feel that way .and @A MyCOPDTeam Member I do feel you because I am in arizona and it was a cool 108 here with the humidity over 50 percent because of the monsoons here .but you now what they say ? If you can't take the heat then stay out of the kitchen.. I guess I just don't worry about things that I can't control and really don't want to because it is not mine to control
I hope everyone here takes control of themselves and Don't worry about other things and don't forget to breath in and out and move and also please be happy ππ
I go with a positive attitude, by that meaning that I'm expecting good news and that I'm doing everything I can at holding my condition and at the highest maybe a tad better, but that's just me and my out look on life, I plain on celebrating my 21 birthday Again! And as far as catching something well, you're just as likely to catch something from Family, Friends or the Mail man so odds are, not much different! That's my look on it, Please! Don't worry over what if's, Live life, we may not have tomorrow and you may miss saying I Love you to someone! Breathe well my Friends, Smile!
@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I wanted to share 2 things I became aware of since this weather became so hard on me. One is coconut water, which has electrolytes and just tastes refreshing. I felt better right away, then took a shower (with oxygen). The other is a few exercises for the Vagas nerve that runs down your neck. They're really simple, starting with some diaphragmatic breaths. I saw this in a video and it really did calm my anxiety. I've been thinking about you in this hot and humid weather, and the floods over there.
Take care, dear friend π
@A MyCOPDTeam Member I am so happy for you that is nice to here. Take your time like you say slow its ok takes time we can't expect it to happen over night. We have been this way for a long time so we will get there you started keep it up. The heat and humidity is very hard on us but there are times we have to go out in it wich is no fun. Hope you have a good pulmonary doctor if you have a rescue inhaler they work good when you get real short of breath. Ask your doctor about that plus get plenty of exercise its really a good thing to do i go down to the hospital twice a week and work out on there treadmill and arm bars and a couple other machines and i try to get out and walk also. So i wish you a great day and keep up the good work i know its not easy.