Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

My pulmonologist wants me to use 3L but if I am just sitting reading or watching a movie I am fine on 2L. When resting 3L has me at 96+ saturation which isn't necessary.

July 17
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded to a question about adjusting oxygen concentrator settings based on activity level, with most sharing that their doctors... Read more

Members responded to a question about adjusting oxygen concentrator settings based on activity level, with most sharing that their doctors allow them to raise or lower their flow rates depending on whether they are resting, active, or sleeping. Several members described a wide range of personalized settings, from using no oxygen at rest to higher levels during exercise or strenuous activity, with many monitoring their oxygen saturation to guide adjustments. A recurring theme was that everyone's needs are different, and many community members felt empowered to self-manage their levels within guidelines from their care team.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Hello, and yes to your question, I started on 2l back in '18 and still at the same flow rate but when I go to pulmonary rehab for work outs it's increased to 3l but at rest and sleep 2l. Thank you for that question, God bless you and breathe easy😀

July 17
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I’m on 24/7 as well. I’m incapable to carry a 10 lb bag of potatoes, and cannot do chores that a man should be able to do. Now everything is sources out. I run 6 litres per hour and only turn it down to 4 went I’m in bed. Without o2 at night I wake up reading 78-81% blood o2 , and that’s deadly.

July 21
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My pulmonologist lets me decide.when to raise or lower based on activity, how I am breathing and saturation numbers.

July 17
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am the same way if I am doing housework I use 3 if I am sitting use 2 my stats at 2 are 95

July 17
A MyCOPDTeam Member

it is recommended that 1L is for sitting and watching TV, it goes to 5L when climbing stairs, or similar activity.
Breathe easy,
God bless you.
Peter x

July 22

Related Questions

View All