My husband was always skeptical. He is older than me and has some health issues so if I mentioned a symptom I was having he always flipped the conversation to his own health issues. He acted like he didn't believe me because I still get around pretty good and it's an invisible condition in the earlier stages. I made an appt with a pulmonologist a couple weeks ago and asked my husband to go in with me. He sat beside me as the doctor explained I only have 50% capacity in my lungs and showed us the xrays and graphed spirometry results. We talked about the symptoms abd what to expect if it progresses. FINALLY, my husband understands when I have a bad day and gives me the quiet space I want at times.
That’s terrible for someone in ur family not to believe u were u would hafto bring that person to ur doctor to make them believe u that’s bothersome to me im so sorry for u
Next time take that someone to your Drs. Appointment
Yes some people are stupid like that. I've had people say that to me too I think they're just jealous cuz they don't they don't have COPD lol lol
What a frustrating situation — living with someone who doesn't fully understand or believe that COPD is a real and serious condition. You are definitely not alone in this experience. Many MyCOPDTeam members have shared similar struggles with loved ones who don't quite "get it."
COPD is an invisible illness in many ways Show Full Answer