Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Stamps, AR
March 28, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

There is nothing that has been approved by anyone using stem cells for COPD. There are a number of places that will be happy to take your money, however. I have a friend who spent close to ten grand for essentially nothing, and they wanted to do it again!

Stem cells do hold a lot of possibilities, but we're probably ten to twenty years from having a good treatment that works.

Jean

March 28, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

stem cell sounds pretty good, it is not a cure,but some get 20% others 80% and any in between, for breathing better, i would do it,but dont have the money,it is around 5000.

April 11, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member so glad to see someone else educated on this! It makes me so angry that these businesses are allowed to offer these treatments without appropriate trials and FDA approval. I know of several cases that the patients were very sick afterwards and in one case that person was no longer eligible for lung transplant because of their stem cell treatment. Be wary and please check all stem cell trials, treatments with the FDA before participating.

April 16, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree Jean, sure sounds good, I looked into it and showed some paper work on it to my he aso said they are just preying people who are desperate for help, they do not care about you, they care about the money.

April 15, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I retired from working in long term care for 40 years, it is amazing the determination that individuals have to maintain a quality of life. It is different for each person. Since Ron has been ill for so long, I am always looking to new ways to provide the best that is available. I really appreciate this group being as strong and supportive.

April 13, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gulfport, MS

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭