Sadly, @A MyCOPDTeam Member, the site has chosen to remove the dates on posts (which is one of the reasons I manually date all posts), so that it’s easier to see if one is reading recent info or years-old info.
From the MyCOPDTeam home page (circled in red in the photo), I did a search on the phrase “stem cell” (circled in green) with the results (highlighted in yellow) for over 2,000 hits.
I say all this because stale data is worse than no data for making you slog through all the results manually to figure out relevancy of results pulled, as well as drilling down into the response (2018), and then figuring out when the person was last online (2022 in the case of the first result, from @NancyAllen).
With 21 hours having passed since you first posted your question, I’m going to suggest that you perform your own search and manually data mine to tally the results.
Research moves slowly in terms of my previous queries into this topic.
When I last looked, some people did it and felt improvement, but the results fade over time, requiring a personal fortune at one’s disposal to keep receiving infusions to keep feeling their best.
The treatments aren’t covered by insurance, and there’s a tricky aspect that no one talks about (but my pulmonologist emphasized with me) that having a stem cell treatment at present may preclude one from future transplant lists (if that’s ever desirable) due to modifying one’s DNA at the stem cell level by the still experimental treatment.
My doc keeps emphasizing that progress remains 10-20 years off (and it seems to always be 10-20 years away, with no progress in getting closer to the goal posts), and says that his job is to keep me alive until reaching those goal posts if possible.
So, rather than do the work for you, I’m telling you how to start as I’ve given up being frustrated on this topic as every time I have done the research since I joined this site in 2016, obtaining the results has been time consuming and I have not found any success stories.
If you don’t already follow him, the COPD athlete, @A MyCOPDTeam Member, uses a number of non-stem cell options like consumption of keytone esters and other dietary supplements to help himself feel his best. He works with his doctors in Australia on diet and exercise, and that research may help you find options that you can try today to feel your best while waiting for research to progress.
Sadly, with the current political environment including termination of research grants and funding, plus termination of NIH and CDC workers across the board in America, we appear to be on a collision course to set back research results for years.
https://www.facebook.com/copdathlete
https://m.facebook.com/russell.winwood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1ALU8fxSG
Good luck with your efforts. If you find any positives on this topic, please bring back your results to the rest of the members of this site.
Wednesday, 11-JUN-25
Thank you for all the great info. Take care.
One more for my methodology, @A MyCOPDTeam Member -
You do it any way you like, but it’s time consuming to see if you can find any gold in the Q&A’s on this stem cell topic. With over 2,000 possible responses to drill into for finding this kind of data, the site has made it extra difficult to datamine by removing visible dates for responses and by not allowing us to drill down into data (without paying for such data mining access) to sort faster by these points of essential data:
- Topic (keyword or phrase search)
- Date of post
- Member handle
- Date of Member response to keyword or phrase search
- Whether or not member is still active / date last on site
While I’d love to be a paid researcher for data mining this site, I have no time at present to do this data mining effort for free. Hopefully, data mining options will become available in the future to allow handicapped folks like ourselves to find a way to supplement our income by performing paid jobs of this nature to help us remain engaged in life and performing valuable work despite our lack of reliable energy.
Good luck ! Please keep us posted.
Wednesday, 11-JUN-25