Yes it does.
You tighten up your chest, you take short rapid breaths. That restrains your lungs from opening up to let air in. The short breaths doesn't give your air sacks enough time to exchange gases so you blood O2 levels drop. Causing SOB.
Yes, anxiety and COPD can create a frustrating cycle where each one makes the other worse. Anxiety can cause chest tightness and breathing difficulties that closely mimic — and worsen — COPD symptoms. As one MyCOPDTeam member put it, fears about having COPD were actually adding to their difficulty breathing — and once they Show Full Answer
Oh now that you added sweating to the symptoms, I am going to advise you to get your heart checked out. Start with your pulmonologist and let him know what is going on. You see the heart and lungs work together. The sweating means the heart is having issues. [See my profile story to see what I went through. took 10 months and lots of testing. But had a blockage that caused issues. Fixed that and better now.]
The first thing you should do when having a panic or anxiety attack. Is to lower your shoulders. They are not supposed to touch your ears. Do PLB for three breaths and then one deep relaxing breath. Repeat the PLB and try to calm your breathing down. I can usually get it under control in under 3 minuets.
Ok ty when my anxiety gets high I notice my breathing gets rough and I start sweating excessively then start coughing