Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fenton, MI
September 11
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member hasn’t been online for over a year, since she last checked in on June 7th, 2025, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. Don’t know her offline in the real world, I’m sorry to say, so this is my public service announcement to anyone reading this post to remind them to create a list of social media sites like this with their login names and passwords, and ask whoever you leave in charge of cleaning up your affairs to post a note if you are no longer with us.

We may not know you in the real world, but we do miss you, and will mourn you when you’re gone.

Hugs. Early Saturday morning, 12-SEP-26

September 12 (edited)
MyCOPDTeam

Living with COPD can feel isolating at times, but connecting with others who truly "get it" can make a real difference. Knowing you're not alone in your daily struggles is powerful.

MyCOPDTeam members often share how much community support has helped them. As one MyCOPDTeam member put it:

"I'm not hiding my struggles Show Full Answer

Living with COPD can feel isolating at times, but connecting with others who truly "get it" can make a real difference. Knowing you're not alone in your daily struggles is powerful.

MyCOPDTeam members often share how much community support has helped them. As one MyCOPDTeam member put it:

"I'm not hiding my struggles anymore. If I'm tired, I'm going to rest. Hearing from others with COPD has taught me that I have to prioritize ME." There are several ways to find support and connect with others living with COPD:

- Online communities – Platforms like MyCOPDTeam allow you to ask questions, share experiences, and offer encouragement to others at any time
- In-person support groups – Many hospitals and medical practices offer on-site groups where you can meet others face-to-face
- Mental health counseling – Speaking with a professional can help validate your feelings and manage the emotional weight of COPD
- Friends and family – Letting loved ones know how they can help — whether with chores or just listening — can ease the burden

Regular connection with others can boost emotional health alongside physical health. Exercise, meditation, and keeping up with hobbies are also great mood lifters on top of social support.

September 11
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I don't personally know how to remove a name, but if you would go up to the top of the page and click on Q&A, ask your question (How do I remove a name from this site?" You will probably get an AI answer, but it would let you know what you have to do. I don't personally know anyone named Jane that I have corresponded with either, so I am no help except to let you know what I think is the best way to go about removing her name. I am sorry for your loss if Jane was a relative or close friend. Chris 9/16/26

September 16
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, maybe that was just the conversation starting with @A MyCOPDTeam Member (I think), and I was agreeing. About connecting with our fellow man, so to speak. I don't think it had anything to do with Team directives.
What is confusing to me is Mrs. Nelson. I don't know her or how she is connected with Jean. Mrs. Nelson, how about filling us in? Are you related to Jean? Don't mean to be nosy, but I feel somewhat in the dark here. Thanks in advance if you can help us.

September 16
A MyCOPDTeam Member

This is confusing.

September 16
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In