Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

Does anyone have a problem with there oxygen stinging you nose I only use my oxygen at nite on occasion I use it during the day. And it doesn't sting my nose only at nite I have to remove my oxygen from my nose and eventually I fall asleep before I put it back in my nose also Iam very tired and dizzy because of my hypertension blood pressure I've been on , 6 different meds and I can't take any of them because of side affects of anyone has this problem I would love to hear back on what works for… read more

September 11
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

when my nose stings from using oxygen, most of the time i will pinch my nose with my fingers for about 1 minute that usually takes care of it. repeat as necessary. sometimes i put the canula in my mouth.
last resort is using face mask.

September 16
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@RhondaKaufman I'm sorry I can't help you with the oxygen problem, but I just wanted to let you know that there are many, many, many different kinds of blood pressure medications; you just have to work with your doctor until you find one that works for you. I have always had blood pressure that is off the charts in either direction so it was difficult for the doc to prescribe one that works for me. Right now I am taking Amlodipine. I should also be taking Lisinopril, but that drops me down too low and then I get dizzy just like you said you get. I have tried probably 10 or 12 different kinds of BP pills over the years, but the Amlodipine seems to keep my BP at a more constant level. Good luck! Chris 9/11/26

September 11
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Ithank you for that I also tried amlodpine and had a reaction to this medicine so I had to quit it actually caused my left side to go come numb. It was like I had a stroke eventually the feeling went away and returned to normal Iam glad this medicine works for you eventually something will work for me as well

September 11

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lumberton, TX

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Benton City, WA