Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Maysville, GA
September 12
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had COPD for more than 25 years. Unless i have infection or maybe too much humidity i am hardly ever in pain. Although i must say i take frankencense for daily use in blue bottle on amazon which helps with so many things.along with myrrh. Ever heard of those? Ever checked to see if for human consumption. They was a gift from Kings(wise men) to baby Jesus. But unless Sick not much if any pain. I was put on oxygen in nov.2022. I started out on 2 and then to 3. But while at rest either lower to a 2 and sometimes none at all. I dont like showers, im a soak in tub person unless need in a hurry. I take oxygen off but in close enough to reach proximaty to =each if nreed be. I still set big concentrator on 2 1/2. Tell dr. She says try a 2 because my testing went so good last time. But i do all my own housework, cooking, gardening, driving, mowing. Has its uos and downs and i research what works great in God's gifts to us but my every day is my frankencense, myrrh and mullein along with what prescribed. Have faith!. Dont get depressed, face it head on and learn to live with it.

September 12 (edited)
MyCOPDTeam

What pain symptoms do people with COPD and emphysema experience?

Pain and discomfort are real parts of living with COPD and emphysema. Here's a look at the most common ones: Chest Pain and Tightness
Chest tightness is one of the more distressing symptoms, as it can feel similar to an anxiety or panic attack. It can also Show Full Answer

What pain symptoms do people with COPD and emphysema experience?

Pain and discomfort are real parts of living with COPD and emphysema. Here's a look at the most common ones: Chest Pain and Tightness
Chest tightness is one of the more distressing symptoms, as it can feel similar to an anxiety or panic attack. It can also make breathing even harder than usual.

Breathing-Related Discomfort
- Shortness of breath, especially during activity or even at rest in more advanced stages
- Difficulty taking a deep breath
- Wheezing, which can be uncomfortable and may signal that COPD has progressed

Fatigue and Physical Exhaustion
COPD makes the body work much harder just to breathe — burning up to 10 times more calories than usual. This can leave people feeling deeply drained and physically worn out.

Other Physical Symptoms
- Unintentional weight loss due to the extra energy used in breathing
- Ankle swelling
- Sleep difficulties, which can be caused by chest pain, coughing, or certain medications

As one MyCOPDTeam member shared: "If I walk slowly and don't panic, I can walk longer that way. But don't talk to me, then everything goes wrong... huff and puff and can't breathe."

If any of these symptoms are new or getting worse, it's important to reach out to your healthcare provider, as it could signal a flare-up or progression of COPD.

September 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I say yes when there is a flareup or an issue with a medication/inhaler. I would get burning or stinging sensation in my lungs before getting an inhaler. Issues with previous inhalers caused stabbing chest pains and headaches. So, maybe not all of the time but there are times of pain.

September 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I’m not sure. I also have osteoarthritis osteopenia, fibromyalgia.

September 12

Related Questions

View All