Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Santa Maria, CA

As a young person, smoking was a declaration adulthood.
It took real effort to train the body to accept poison without coughing and turning green.
I was so smart!!!
lung capacity 20%

September 20 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

They even put little 2 cigarettes packs in K-ration meals in the Army.

September 20
A MyCOPDTeam Member

We were all geniuses back then

September 20
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s, we were bombarded with ads how cool it is to smoke. Plus joining the military where
cigarettes were really cheap plus hanging out in night clubs. I made a lot of poor choices back then. That are now punishing me in my late 60’s. Bad choices in our youth will haunt us in our senior years.

September 20
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm right there with you @A MyCOPDTeam Member

September 20
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member once again on this site, I'm finding my mouth hanging open😄. Back in the days when cigarettes were ok. And although I haven't had a cigarette in over 2 years, there are times that I'd love to have just one, thank goodness I don't have any and I know what it felt to REALLY gasp for any oxygen I could get . That thought is enough Here's to no smokes,!!

13 hours ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Colorado Springs, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Minneapolis, MN