Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Colorado Springs, CO

I'm on oxygen and 2 inhalers.My question is how to not feel so tired all the time.

July 6, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I try to use the 3,4,7 breathing technique as much as possible during the day and at bedtime. Long breath in counting to 4. Then hold breath for 7 seconds. Then slowly blow out air from diaphragm for 8 seconds. All good for heart and lungs and stress reliever.

July 7, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

i you're not seeing a pulmonologist, then u need to fin one and make an appointment. You will want a complete diagnostic workup, a good diagnosis, a review of your meds and treatment plan. This is the time to talk about your fatigue and what might be causing it. You'll want t talk about a pulmonary rehab program, because not getting enough exercise, as crazy a that sounds, might be part of your problem.

July 7, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Agree with Jean. Pulmonary Rehab is the best thing I ever did for myself. Not only is it educational but they teach you exercises you can actually handle. Exercise is so important. There are days I have a hard time doing my workout but I always feel better after!!

July 11, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Here in the not so frozen North it requires a prescription from a Doctor to use oxygen other then obtaining it fro a private source. I have been on 02 over 4 years now and at the point I would be in dire straits should I not have a concentrator in the home and 02 cannisters to be out in public with. For some it can be a good part time supplement yet wise patients follow the instructions to the letter as 02 can be dangerous as well if abused !

July 9, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member & @A MyCOPDTeam Member I have noticed as time passes more people are being told they have COPD. The shocker in all this is the age of people afflicted with COPD seems to be younger and younger ? Having a oximeter is a good tool to have then you can check your blood oxygen saturation levels along with your heart rate! So Much of dealing with COPD is the onset of panic learning to cope is a must as we all will face conditions that will scare the heck out of us! Learning to cope will take the sting out of this ! Exercise work the lungs to your level it will help greatly in the long run for heart and lungs ! Good luck to you !

July 29, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Truro, NS

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Santa Maria, CA