Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chicago, IL

are nebulizer helpful

January 20, 2015 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

A nebulizer is really good when you are having a flare up. Otherwise I just use my nebulizer when I am having a flare up, otherwise I use my inhaler. Some folks use the nebulizer on a regular basis.

January 20, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I only use it when I am congested.

March 28, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use the nebulizer 4 times a day at home. I have Brovana in the morningB 5 hours later I use the nebulizer for Budesonide ,4to5 hours later Albuterol, if I leave my house I always take my ProAir Inhaler with me.Later in the evening I use the nebulizer again Budesonide and around 11pm I use the nebulizer face mask Brovana so I can get a few hours sleep. This is my routine it seems to work for me.

March 18, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My medication regime is 4 puffs every 4 hours of the blue and green inhalers; and 2 puffs of Symbicort 2x/day. This was prescribed by the ER doctor upon discharge over a month ago. My respiratory specialist has not seen me since but I went to my gp who advised keeping this regime. Questions: How do I nebulize this regime? Does my doctor have to prescribe the nebulizer? I ask this because when I was in the hospital, I felt so much better using the nebulizer. However, they encouraged me not to and instead just get the meds by using the puffers. I wonder if this regime is giving me too much medication. And I am not comfortable with the dry throat all the time.

March 15, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, i use my nebulizer at night too, as i am awake every 3 to 4 hrs. I use the 500/50 Advair twice a day

March 24, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boscobel, WI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Texas City, TX