Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wellingborough, UK

Does any1 ave flaky skin my skin just falls off me white flaks everywhere does my head in lol help me plz

March 26, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My skin is so flakey,mi feel like I'm shedding. It just falls off like snow, especially on my legsm arms and scalp. Have no answers, but I think it's from prednisone and antibiotics. Plus, I,m itchy all the time.

April 3, 2015 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have the same problems. Are you on a Prednesone regime? My Doc says that is what is causing it plus weight gain and bloating.

March 26, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have the same problem at times. I'm sure it is from the meds and dry air in the house. Doctor suggested to put a humidifier in the house (is he crazy??) lol. I have found that if I use Aveeno Shower Gel to shower with, followed by Aveeno moisturizer, I have a huge improvement with "shedding". It has no perfume in it and some of the other things that dry our skin out. It's a little pricier than some other things, but a little goes a long way. I was also told by the Dermatologist to put a very thin coat of plain old Vaseline on my legs morning and night. That also works wonders. I'm not sure I would like it as a whole body moisturizer though. Hope this helps.

October 25, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Arms and legs quite the mess. Figure it is meds. and age. Ezema and fungus`es also possible. One trip to a dermatoloigist.

April 9, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

how is working for you and how long does it keep your skin moist?

April 7, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wallins Creek, KY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In