Has anyone had problems swallowing?,, sandwiches and even hard boiled eggs seem to get stuck In throat making it hard to swallow...
I keep choking on my drinks. Be it soft drink or a cup of tea. I have to actually prepare for itor I choke
My ex-husband has been a victim of swallowing difficulty for some time now, and is mostly on a liquid diet. His Dr. uses periodic treatments with Botox that gives his relief. I do not have details but your PCP probably has or can find them.
I have the same issue. After much testing, I was diagnosed with "jack hammer" esophagus. I also have GERD, so this just added to the problem. I take 40 mg of Nexium twice a day and , believe it or not, my specialist put me on .5mg of Xanax for the "jack hammer" esophagus. It relaxes the muscle contractions and has given me much needed relief.
As Janice said re-flux seems to go with COPD after a long time. I also have issues at times. But eat mostly soft foods anyway because of denture issues. Choke on food like steak, roast anything coarse .
Gerd witch is a re-flux disease seems to go along with copd, I have it really bad, I take ranitdine which is zantac for mind and I have found out that ginger supplement will also help I take it when ever I feel I can't swallow it really helps.