Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Johannesburg, ZA

I have been contacted and asked if i would like to be considered for the following trial. They tell me that it has been approved in 60 countries so far, but not yet in South Africa .

This study will investigate the efficacy of Roflumilast . Roflumilast is a non-steroid, anti-inflammatory agent, designed to target both the systemic and pulmonary inflammation associated with COPD.

Has anyone here used this product yet? and if so what was the outcome
I will do anything to combat this miserable… read more

May 15, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Many people here have used it. Here it's called daliresp. The biggest problem people have with it seems to be gastro-intestinal. Some people halved the initial doses to get through the first couple of weeks, but those who have stuck it out have had very good luck with it. It's designed to reduce the mucous production and thereby reduce exacerbations. If you are having serious exacerbations regularly, this is a good trial to get involved with. At least go and hear them out. You can't lose anything and you can always say no.

Jean

May 15, 2015 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Petermoore i have been on daliresp 500mg since august 2014. It did make my breathing test go from 24 to 29 percent. I had bad side effects when. I first started but i stayed with it and im ok.

May 17, 2015 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been on this for about three years. I guess I am fortunate as I had minimal side effects which eventually went away. I was looking forward to the one side effect which was weight loss. This also did not happen. I have not had to be hospitalized with exacerbation since taking this drug. The last three months or so I do feel as if I am staring to get worse but I think that is the natural progression of the disease. For me this was a bit of a wonder drug but I am sure there are those who had no benefit at all. One downside is that it very expensive. Hope this helped. Good luck

May 17, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been on it for about 2 years and have not had an exacerbation that required hospitalization since. Prior to the meds I had 2 separate pulmonary failures in 3 months. The cost is high. My family Dr. has given me samples all but 3 months. The cost has dropped in those two years. My co-pay dropped from $70 a month to $20 during that time. If you can get it free through a trial, it is worth the try. It has helped me immensely.

May 16, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think I'll sign up for a trial. I picked it up today and my part was 75. for 30 days. I'm encouraged to hear it is working for you.

May 16, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lancashire uk

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Somerville, TN

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In