I am consulting with my Primary Doctor and he is reviewing the material...they have advanced to an IV drip or injection which would require very little traveling, it could be done locally. There is an out of pocket expense (no insurance will cover it)....Patients have reported a 40 to 60% improvement in breathing in a very short period of time...that's huge for most of us. You can go to YouTube and watch testimonies of people that have gone thru the treatment. I am 95% sure if my Doctor agrees… read more
There are NO stem cell treatments anywhere for COPD that have any scientific evidence behind them to prove that they make any difference to anything except the size of your bank account. I'm currently attending the COPD9 conference in Chicago, and while there has been some discussion of research that is going on in this area, we're still years away from having any treatments that are proven to make any difference at all. If you're interested in reducing your savings, by all means, go ahead. Otherwise, start an exercise program; you'll find that things will get a lot better!
Jean
Just an added note: at the COPD9 conference today, Dr. Rich Casaburi characterized the organizations that advertise stem cell treatments on the internet and ask to be paid for it as "snake oil salesmen". Other pulmonologists from all over the country were nodding their heads and making similar statements. Draw your own conclusions.
Jean
Joeinbody ,did you in ow that you a order,from canda and get our percription for a much lower price..your do for will need to write a percription out. I don't use it anymore but. If you look up cana da pharmacy on line it will give you the information you will need. Good luck
Good luck with the Stem Cell. It is currently in the research phase and the real studies pay you to participate instead of you paying them. They are making progress but I am still a skeptic. I want to read where people post that it was successful for them before going that route. Please let us know how it works out.
yes it is expensive and insurance doesn't pay. Then you may need follow up treatments and that could sure get expensive