Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
June 5, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

As long as the nodule doesn't grow, it can stay there forever and not be a problem. I've had a couple nodules for 15 years and they haven't grown and nobody gets excited about them at all.

Jean

June 7, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

your very welcome
feel free to ask anything

June 9, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had nodules since 2008. my dr said they usually follow them for a few years and if they do not grow it ok. i had a pet scan in 2011 or 12 and it did not show the dr anything to b concerned .about. The dr quit following them after that

June 8, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

A year ago, the surgeon who did a ct scan on me for other reasons told me I had a nodule on my lung. Specifically, he said, "Oh, yes, you have a nodule on your lung. No big deal. I have a nodule on my lung." I tend to trust a surgeon who sees an abnormality and does not find it necessary to sharpen his scalpels. I think in "the olden days," everything odd on x-ray looked like the dreaded "spot" (thus the panic) and these things are easier to define now.

June 7, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

if they don't grow how long do you need to get Scan?

May 27, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Athlone, IE

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
111 Parkview court #5, Pekin Il