Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Newburgh, ME

I was taking Symbicort and doing well, almost no symptoms. My insurance company no longer included it on their formulary and I was switched to BREO ellipta. Things have bottomed out now and the Bronchitis or whatever is raging. Has this happened to anyone else or am I just a victim of bad timing?

June 29, 2015 (edited)
 · 
Be the first to react
Learn more about the drug treatment mentioned above.
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm unable to use Symbicort as it makes me cough uncontrollably. I use Spiriva and do very well on it along with Ventolin and Dulera. As #KippiGrecoSchank said, have your Dr. send in a medically necessary letter of need for it. Also, surely your pulmonologist gets in samples and can give them to you. II was getting samples of Spiriva every month until I finally got on my feet financially and could afford the co-pay. All pulmonologists get samples and unless you ask, they don't just hand them out. Give it a try, nothing to lose.

June 30, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

your doctor can write a letter explaining why you need to stay on it and sometimes they will make an exception

July 9, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My respiratory therapist told me the Advair will be available in generic prescription January 2016

October 26, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use Advair, it's great. My insurance covers it.

June 29, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Contact the company that makes it they all have programs to help with the inhalers

March 24, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Surrey, BC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kansas City, MO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Athens, TN