Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wales, MA

when I walk more then 200 ft I lose my breath I read on the internet that a riding a stationary bike helps strengthen your lungs been thinking about getting one was wondering if this works.

July 16, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I go to rehab also. When I first started I could barely do anything. This was about 5 weeks ago. Now I'm walking 2 miles and riding the bike 3 miles. It does work helping you stronger and making breathing easier. Ask your Dr about going, best thing I've done for myself.

July 16, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I started in pulmonary rehab at the hospital I could only walk 200 ft in 6 min and that was stopping to catch my breath. 9 weeks later I did 550 feet in 6 minutes so I would say to you" exercise does the body good." intake breathing thru your nose and exhale thru your mouth like you're whistling. That helps. Don't push yourself to the point of exhaustion though with any exercise. It takes time to build up strength and stamina. I still go to rehab at least 3 times a week because you do feel better afterward. Whatever you choose I wish you better breathing, God Bless

July 16, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanx 's I hope some day I will be able to get to rehab by. My self

July 28, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Walking and doing breathing techniques at same time effective

July 17, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, rehab . . but you have to put some work into it . . will increase your lung function . . Socially mix with people with respiratory issues and help you general health. I've been going near 5 years now. Stationary bike or treadmill help. Walking at your pace with a friend is the best for me plus rehab most the other days.

July 17, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Van Buren, AR