My voice also became scratchy and hoarse. I have been using Trelegy Ellipta for quite some time, but the hoarseness is more recent. I have begun using oxygen more often now and wonder if that might be the cause.
The most likely culprit is postnasal drainage from allergies. I was on Symbicort at one time which caused phlegm in my throat and hoarseness. I am allergic to grass and, unfortunately, grass pollen starts in the early spring and continues until the first frost. so I have hoarseness all spring and summer. The only time it does not bother is at night when I sleep with my air conditioner running.
I live in NC where the pollen is bad. That could account for some of the problem.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member - From my own personal experience, I believe that it's a result of the pollen count and how much time I spend outside on any given day that it's high. Could this be the case?
I do, I think it is Advair and spiriva. I rinse my mouth good afterwards and still have problems.