Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 17, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My voice changes frequently, but I think it is from phlegm on my voice box that is difficult to clear.

October 18, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My voice has changed so much from the reflux,COPD & inhalers even though I rinse my mouth out a lot it hasn't helped it's just deeper sounding voice

October 24, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I've had that for quite some time. I think it's from our inhaled meds. Most people are very considerate and understanding. Take your time when talking. Clear your throat when necessary. And don't get flustered.

October 18, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The ICS component to my inhalers caused hoarseness for me. Do you use an inhaler with steroids in it? All of the rinsing, etc. did nothing to eliminate the hoarseness. Am experimenting with Anoro, which is Trelegy without the ICS. So far so good. The only times I get hoarse now are if I have a respiratory infection, a sinus issue, or seasonal allergies acting up. With any ICS inhaler, the hoarseness persisted every day.

October 26, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't think anything helps nurse at Doctors office to rinse with mouth wash after using meds but doesn't help still horse🥰 10/18/24

October 18, 2024 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Londonderry, OH

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Amherst, NS