Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

My COPD consists of Emphysema and IPF (Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis ). It is getting very serious, very rapidly. Was wondering if anyone else is facing this scenario? I have been recommended for a Lung Transplant and quite frankly....unsure if I really want to go through with it if I am approved.

Any Member here that has had to face this? I would really like to hear your thoughts on this. Thank you!

August 6, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member and JeanTaylor..... there are 2 more methods to get that thrush fighting ingredient! In HealthFood/vitamin supplement stores, there is a capsule called Acidophilus. (Ph pronounced as an f) One or 2 per day (read label) OR if you are a milk drinker. Knudson makes a low fat milk with acidophilus added. This ingredient is the why & the how behind Jamie Lee Curtis's tummy claims re yogurt! Good luck and when in doubt, RINSE and SPIT! LoL!
SuZz

August 7, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member and @A MyCOPDTeam Member...Thank you for the reminder about Acidophilus. I used to take it, and then one of my docs wanted me to quit all "over the counter" meds. I'm gonna ask him if I can use it again. Is your doctor the one in Durham or will you have to go there?? I hope not, but I'm sure it won't be easy wherever. Just keep remembering the "light" at the end. JT

August 12, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member and @A MyCOPDTeam Member.......If I am prescribed any amt of anti biotics, I increase my amts of acidophilus since the bacteria killers in the meds will perhaps wipe out "good" bacteria too. The meds don't know the difference & acidophilus can restore some balance.
SuZz

August 9, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member......no, my doctor is in Oklahoma City. I believe Durham is in North Carolina. Still struggling with my decision :-( My first appointment in regards to the transplant is next week.

August 13, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My sister had a lung transplant 5 years ago for IPF. Duke hospital in Durham. She has never looked back. It was tough, on her and the support people. The Duke people are great. You must have insurance and be able to pay for any co-pays up front. Live in Durham for 3-4 months.

August 9, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Woodlands hills

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Miami Beach, FL