AdrianElliott was having a good day
Basingstoke, UK
morning all just wanted to ask as new to this I was told 6 weeks ago that I have copd but then told Iv had it about 3 years and my docs had not told me now I'm on meds for it can anyone tell me plz is it normal for my chest to be tight all the time many thanks all and have a good day
Hi Adrian , as its been said yes you probs have had COPD building up for a few years. Regards the tightness I would get it checked out This is something you are going to have to live with , But its not all doom and gloom I am 80 now and still get about so cheer up mate and if I can be of any help just let me know . Jim
My guess is that you've had COPD much longer than three years. It's a progressive disease and unless you're very young it's been developing for a long time. You need to know your FEV1 and how the disease was diagnosed. 'Tightness in the chest is common. Have you started an exercise program or done pulmonary rehab? Either might help with the tightness.
Sometimes mine does it's the copd..