Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hull, GA

I am having a lung test on Thursday of this week, I have never had one before, has anyone else? If so how do they test you, what do you do for the test? I always like to know what is going to happen before I have a test of some kind, and my DR didn't seem to really know how I will do the test

August 23, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Glad you got along ok!!

August 28, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hello... I have had many. The important thing is to blow as hard as you can and relax. Its like blowing against a wall, but its the way they get measurements. You will be fine.

August 25, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been tested twice I had to take a deep breath and blow into a machine until you cant blow anymore I did it 3 times that way you get a average measure of your lung capacity it is a bit uncomfortable but not to bad hope you are having a good day @ Dorothy evans UK

August 24, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Well said, Pariviezzo. The tests are not painful, but cab be uncomfortable due to the shortness
of breath. Good luck.

August 24, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Do not be concerned. I've had the test a dozen times or more. It's so much easier than having COPD! Lol

August 23, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Subscriber asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Northern California

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭