Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

The oncologist wants me to consider a moderate course of chemotherapy; 4 treatments 3 weeks apart. how do you think chemo and copd will affect each other? chemo and diabetes?

September 11, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Ask your docs. All anyone here can tell you is what happened to them; no one can answer your specific questions except your docs. It sounds like you need to have a good sitdown with each of them and your pulmo.

September 11, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Congrats.

October 27, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you so much for posting this Carol. I did have that test and my result was low enough so I did not have to have chemo . Really thrilled

October 27, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

In the Sacramento Bee Sept.29, 2015, there was an artical titled "Gene test tells which patients can skip chemo" A Ca. company Genomic Health Inc. has sold a test called Oncotype DX since 2004, to help gauge risk. This is the first I have heard of the test. I had breast cancer on the right side, was advised to get a lumpectomy, followed by chemo. I said no, I wanted a mastectomy, when they did that they found 3 limp nodes positive. The surgeon strongly advised me to do chemo. I still said no. A year later the left had lumps, I opted for another mastectomy, they biopsied the lumps, no cancer. I never did any chemo, radiation, pills or whatever else they have, that was in 2004, so far so good. You might ask your Dr. about the gene test.

October 26, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member , Tomorrow is another day,, I can't answer you question but I want you to know you in my thoughts & prayers.. God bless..

September 14, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oaklyn, NJ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ponca City, OK