Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Georgetown, KY

What is Alpha one? Should I be tested?
I have copd already.

November 4, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency is a genetic condition that often results in both lung and liver damage. Everyone with COPD should be testes: it's a simple blood stick and costs about $10.00. If your doc doesn't know about it or poo-poos the idea, find another doc. The treatment for Alpha-1 can include some things that aren't necessary for garden variety COPD. Go to www.aplha-1.org for good information.

November 4, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sometimes I wonder if because there is no cure for this condition and that it is progressive, that we may not be given the same attention as those who do not suffer from it. I may just be sounding paranoid but just because I sound that way does not mean it isn t true.

January 25, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Monticello, KY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Roseburg, OR