Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
ridge manor, fl
January 6, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I specifically asked my pulmonologist about this just a few weeks ago and he said the same thing as Dr. Robert Sandals.

January 6, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Morning Patti,I also was told I was in stage 3 of kidney failure.I also have conjestive heart,enlg.heart,(pacemaker for almost 7 yrs.atrial fibilation,(also horrible at times cuts off my breathing)3 leaky valve's and can't do surgery to repair because my heart & lug's are in to bad of shape Dr. said I wouldn't make it through the surgery. just had another test to ck.out how my kidney's are doing so waiting for the results on that one.then I also battle Pusular Scoriocis So guess I'm lucky to still be here on earth.Well have a great
week-end.

January 9, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Here's the link to the COPD Foundation's statement regarding stem cell treatments: http://www.copdfoundation.org/Downloads/COPD-ST...

Here's another link: http://www.alpha1.org/Alphas-Friends-Family/Res...

The truth is that despite the advertising, there is no scientific evidence that any of the companies offering stem cell treatment for COPD work. No increases in FEV1, no improvement in 6 minute walk, no reduction of O2 usage, no reduction in med usage, nada, zip, zilch, zero. The only thing we know for sure is that people who have had the treatment are poorer by many thousands of dollars.

I have known several people who were desperate enough to try the treatment. None of them saw any improvement over time, and three of the four have died (not from the treatments, but from COPD). Don't go there. In the words of Dr. Robert Sandhaus, "it's modern day snake oil".

January 6, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks DonaBeu, I cherish your support.

January 26, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I bless you and smile with you..

January 25, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Three Lakes, WI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Edmonton, AB