Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Franklin, PA
February 15, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have one that I received at pulmonary therapy. It helps to loosen the mucus. I use it if I am having problems getting mucus up. It is very beneficial.

February 16, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use a flute every day! Three times a day 10 puffs each time! It helps to loosen up the mucus in your lungs so it comes up eaiser!

February 19, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes works good

February 21, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My Dr. Never said anything about them either. I saw them on line and when I ended up in the hospital I asked my pulmanary Dr. about it and he brought one in for me! You can also find them on Amazon!

February 20, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

We cannot buy Mucinex here but with both the Flute n Acapella, it does no have to bring up mucous......If it does then fantastic, but after the 15 - 20 min exercise, the aim is to vibrate the walls of the lung lining to loosen the stuff that is so sticky that it clings to the lining....Gradually huff coughing exercises will dislodge it and we can cough it out...So if it does not produce immediately, do not think it isn;t working...

February 18, 2016 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Huddersfield, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Simla, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glenville, NY