Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
scotland uk

I have put on about 16lbs since using Spiriva, has anyone else found a weight gain with it or is it maybe something else causing it

February 28, 2016 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I spoke to a nurse from Tufts yesterday and she told me that Spiriva is not the cause of my weight gain but that the Breo and Prednisone are the culprits.. All I know is I don't like the 20 extra pounds I have put on. I use the treadmill everyday and on good days like yesterday and today I have been out shopping and did a lot of walking. I am just taking one day at a time. Sorry for the rant. Breathe easy all my friends.

March 3, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Agree Moi...the more we try and seek answers the more we get confused...best to take on board all the suggestions but let your own body decide.....

March 3, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Spiriva has no inhaled corticosteroids and there's nothing to indicate that it would be a cause of gaining weight. My guess is that your activity level had decreased, but your food intake hasn't. That's usually the reason for a gain in weight. I suggest you discuss a good exercise program with your doc.

February 29, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have also gained 20 lbs since using Spiriva and prednisone. I look like I am 9 months pregnant and I never weighed this much when I was pregnant.

February 28, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Started using Spiriva, just a few weeks ago, and gained a significant amount of weight. For months I was around 200. In two weeks I went up to 210lb. Trying to work with my doctor to try an alternate medication.

November 3, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Satellite Beach, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Placentia, CA