Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Springfield, MA

was switched to stiolto respimat from Advair and spivria whats the difference

April 10, 2016 (edited)
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If your doc told you you don't need the steroid because you don't cough, I'd be a little suspicious. Is he a PCP or a pulmonologist? The steroid reduces the inflammation in our lungs and airways and that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with having a cough or not. I don't have a cough, and I can tell a major difference if I don't get the IHC. See what happens, but if you notice a difference, get back to him and ask for an IHC like QVar.

What Stiolto costs you varies according to your insurance plan. It certainly isn't cheap by any means.

April 11, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Stiolto Respimat containes a combination of olodaterol and tiotropium. Olodaterol is a bronchodilator. Tiotropium is an anticholinergic. These medications work by relaxing muscles in the airways to improve breathing.

Stiolto Respimat is used to prevent airflow obstruction or bronchospasm in people with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). Stiolto Respimat will not treat a bronchospasm attack that has already begun.

Stiolto Respimat should not be used to treat asthma.

http://www.drugs.com/stiolto-respimat.html

April 11, 2016 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Here is a Guide....Takes a bit to go through it all but REMEMBER...Your Pulmonary or Health Care team should guide you and not what you read online....xxxxx

http://www.webmd.com/lung/copd/corticosteroids-...

April 12, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Pauline, Peter has pretty well answered the question regarding Stiolto; it's important to note that the Respimat is the delivery system and has nothing to do with the med it delivers. QVar is an inhaled corticosteroid (IHC).

April 12, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was taken off Sprivia and Symbycort and am on Stiolto for 1 mo now and I feel much better than I did. My description is a "world of difference" and now slowly losing some weight that I had gained being on the steroid....feel like a new person! Amazing!!

April 11, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pauline, SC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Seneca, IL