MyGP had prescribed amoxicillin & prednisolone and up to this infection it did seem to work - now he prescribed Doxycycline & prednisolone. Really don't think this has worked - tight chest & s.o.b. Will have to re- visit any suggestions
Here are the major classes of antibiotics:
•Penicillins such as penicillin and amoxicillin
•Cephalosporins such as cephalexin (Keflex)
•Macrolides such as erythromycin (E-Mycin), clarithromycin (Biaxin), and azithromycin (Zithromax)
•Fluoroquinolones such as ciprofolxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), and ofloxacin (Floxin)
•Sulfonamides such as co-trimoxazole (Bactrim) and trimethoprim (Proloprim)
•Tetracyclines such as tetracycline (Sumycin, Panmycin) and doxycycline (Vibramycin)
•Aminoglycosides such as gentamicin (Garamycin) and tobramycin (Tobrex)
All of them have been used with COPD patients for one thing or another.
Zpac and prednisone usually does the trick for me
Hi I am on ampicillin and prednisolone at the moment pluss inhalers. I also have a nebuliser which is of great help hope that helps you xx
I was told that there are only a few antibiotics that work on COPD. My GP explained that we had to be careful to not over use them. Your body gets used to one or the other if used frequently and eventually will not work at all.
I use a bipap do not know the difference. Forces air into lungs but leaves me too dried out mouth and throat. I awake after 2 hrs choking. I am claustrobic ...They want a full mouth and nose mask now. I have apt next week . Anyone have this problem. Also per Pulmonary they Contract with Life Care Solutions. I am in Loma Linda Ca and they no longer deliver you have to pick up. They say Apria is doing it too because of Medicare,,Any one else having problem .. Doing research......Prayers and Blessings to all