Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hoosick Falls, NY

That way we could have a real time chat....I think a lot of us already have FaceBook....just a suggestion, I in no way am trying to drive people away from this site, because there a lot of wonderful people here and a lot of support, so please don't take it the wrong way!!

June 5, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I get that a lot on FB because a lot of the people I "friend" there are of a certain political bent. That's one of my passions. You know, trying in my own small way to save our country, right? Anyway, so these people get a lot of trolling, people just trying to stir things up and create chaos and destruction in their paths. They are easy to deal with. Once I figure out that's what they are doing, and usually it's easy to figure out, they just get on the thread and throw out accusations using foul language. I just ban those people from my page. It's my page and if I don't want to read their garbage I don't have to. I just block them, then I can't see their posts and they can't see mine. Problem solved.

June 9, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

They have ads on Face Book, if you click on them you get directed here....that's all I know, tht'a how I found this place!

June 8, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you try ''trolling'' or even be disrespectful on any Closed FB Group, you will be out on your ear before you know it....Besides many of these groups have members that know each other which often ends up that the ''offending'' person will have trouble getting approved to other groups.....

What you do in your own FB feed is what you allow....No one can be blamed for what gets posted on there...Simple way rather than ''Unfriend'' someone you might not want to upset, is set all their posts to notifications..Then they will not appear on your feed.

June 10, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree with you about pleasing everyone all of the time... i have a Facebook page but its more for checking on my sister and brother and nephews and nieces that are all over the country...just to catch a photo when they post it..i have had some nasty experiences on Facebook...some nasty people on there...but i will look into the group thing and ask some people i know about running a group there..i will get back to you @A MyCOPDTeam Member

June 5, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have to agree with you but there are so many on this site I lose track of some of the ones I have talked with. I am on Facebook but never put any info about my life on it -- I just like to see the pictures of my children and grandkids and hear what they are doing. Facebook is what you make of it. Cajun hope all is well with you today -- love this weather too. I went out yesterday-- first time in 3 weeks -- have to use a walker plus the oxygen and a purse -- what a load that is lol lol. My cousin is coming for dinner tonight and it will be great to have someone to eat with for a change. The TV doesn't answer any of my questions. Have a great day and God Bless June 9, 2016

June 9, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alviso, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Texas City, TX

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manteca, CA