Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Livonia, MI

Do you have a deductible? How expensive are your inhalers?

November 7, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Please remember that what's available for Part D varies from state to state, and you need to do your own research about your specific circumstances. What works in CA won't work in ME, guaranteed, and the pricing will be wildly different. Your best bet is to go to mymedicare.gov and use the tool there which is designed specifically for your zip code. You can put in your meds and then review the available plans. Which one will work best for you and cost you the least will take everything into account: premiums, any deductibles and med costs. Don't just take the one with the lowest monthly tab; look at everything and use the total annual cost figure even though that one may be more per month. When you take it all into consideration, it will be the least expensive overall.

November 7, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I recently called United health through AARP to see what they are offering medicare receipients. They wanted to offer me part D prescription coverage for $72.00 per month. I said to them why should I pay that when I don't pay anything now and get my prescriptions for free? Of course they didn't answer just told me they have another plan for $32.00 a month and a third for $22.00 a month. This may be helpful to others who have medicare as their primary insurance but it's not for me. Hope everyone has a good breathing day. Hope this info is beneficial to someone

November 10, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am very fortunate that I have my husband employers insurance as my primary and medicare is my secondary. Medicare picks up all my co-pays and after I pay my 150.00 deductible in the beginning of the year, all my medications are free after that

November 9, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

In England we are even more fortunate that all my treatment with the NHS is free so is all the medication I require.

November 7, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

National Health Service its free

November 7, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gastonia, NC