Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Last year, I hit the Donut Hole in Nov. I was able to get get a one month supply of my Trelegy Ellipta from my pulmonologist, but had to use my rescue inhaler for the month of December. Just found out I am on track to hit the Donut Hole in June. I do not qualify for assistance because my income is over the limit. I'm starting panic.

Also, does anybody use and get breathing relief with CBD oil/gummies?

April 25, 2021
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members came together to help someone facing the Medicare Donut Hole early in the year, sharing practical ways to manage high medication costs... Read more

Members came together to help someone facing the Medicare Donut Hole early in the year, sharing practical ways to manage high medication costs before coverage kicks back in. Several members suggested requesting samples from doctors or manufacturers, using HSA or FSA accounts for tax savings, comparing Part D plans carefully using Medicare's own tools, and ordering certain medications from pharmacies in India or Canada. On the topic of CBD for COPD, members advised talking to a doctor first and trying different types, as results vary from person to person.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

Cbd can calm you down where it can relax you and your breathing but it also can give you anxiety to there are different kinds so you have to make sure you get the right one and every one is different and doesn't work the same for every one I had to try different ones to see what worked for me so if you try it talk to your doctor frist and the make sure the person that you get it from know there stuff and you get the right kind

June 19, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member You just made my day, too!

June 19, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

That's so cool I love it that made my day so cool ya I don't like drunks they are mean and you neave know what there going to do drinking and driveing is a nono for me it kills your so hip and groove l dig you lady haha just breathe

June 19, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, thank you!

June 19, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Please read the earlier posts, @A MyCOPDTeam Member - @A MyCOPDTeam Member and I provided pretty reasonable layperson explanations about the drug plan insurance gaps.

April 27, 2021 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Livonia, MI