Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gloucester, MA

How do you sleep when taking Prednisone???? I got the overeating beat but can't sleep for crap!!! I'm still laying there half the night wide awake! I take 10 mil. Of melatonin an hour before I go to bed and watch tv until I start falling asleep, or shut the tv off and then wide awake !!

December 11, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Dr. put me on Zolpidem cause I'd be awake all night. Have slept real well since. Good luck and sweet dreams

December 14, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Take the Pred earlier in the day

December 15, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I now take 4 steroids a day if I have a chest infection, i can only take them at night and can't take them with antibiotics (just weird me) I'm ok for sleeping but feel like I'm on speed during the day so everything gets cleaned. Once I've finished them n start the antibiotics well that's me out of it for the week they don't help the breathing at all.

December 14, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My primary doctor put me on Restoril 15mg for insomnia. Now I sleep without any problems.

December 13, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Janicer, does the Ambien not do strange things to you. I get up at night and cook, call people on the phone in the middle of the night, go out driving. And don't know I do it. Wife says I talk crazy talk to. Do you or anyone else experience this?

December 12, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ontario canada

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jacksonville, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON