Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Raceland, KY

I have mints in my mouth all the time, I know it's probably because of the medicines i'm on.

December 27, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My doctor said it from the 02 so I use biotene and dribg alot of water. I try slowing down my water after 6:00 so I'm not up more than twice a night. I also eat nestles outshine popsicles.

December 28, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I get major dry mouth. Staying hydrated with COPD is not easy, but it helps not only with dry mouth, but with less mucus buildup too. I stopped drinking all sodas and switched to 1/4 lemon squeezed into a 20 oz bottle of tap water (sometimes I add sweetener). I drink this all day and all night.
I also carry mints for those times when drinking is not an option.

January 8, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

i got addicted to chewing gum, remember how we would search pockets or purses hoping to find a cigarette when we were out, well I was that way about gum , but it was much easier to quit the gum.

December 31, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, my mouth gets dry too. My dentist has even suggested I use some Biotene products to help with the dry mouth syndrome. I understand dry mouth is caused by the oxygen and medications. I drink water all day long and when I can't have water I use a sugar-free hard candy. Those are the things that help me and I hope they will help you too.

December 27, 2016 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My dentist suggested Act dry mouth lozenges. They do the job and taste good too.

April 23, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Steinbach, MB

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Syracuse, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In